Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Marx finally threw me a bone. Ok here's the good news. I was accepted into Michigan State and the University of Minnesota. Minnesota was soooooo kind enough to offer me a 5-year funding package including research dinero for summers. The best part is I might not have to teach....ever! Bittersweet news also arrived ; rejected by the UofO AGAIN last week, denied by Wisconsin this week. Six more to go but as of now it looks like I'm movin to the Midwest and hangin' out with Prince. Ahhhhhhh, Minneapolis, the city of the heated sidewalks. Look out comrades there's gonna be a sickle and hammer rising in the 10,000 lake state. Go Golden Gophers!

6 Comments:

Blogger kungfuramone said...

Congratulations, homie!

You're going to freeze your commie butt off, but at least you'll have fun(ding).

8:05 PM  
Blogger Trust in Steel said...

Congrats on the great funding! Check out my new blog for Trust in Steel!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Cabiria said...

Congrats! Minnesota won't know what hit it...!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

congratulations! Enjoy having a real winter... :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Dolce Vita said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

E said there was good news. I'm so glad for the update.

(You know you can leverage the Minnesota offer for money in a warmer place....)

4:44 PM  
Blogger A said...

Congratulations!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home